[lug] O'Reilly Open Source Convention & Perl Conference 4.0 (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Jun 5 09:46:38 MDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:51:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Denise Olliffe <deniseo at oreilly.com>
To: wallen at boulder.Nist.gov
Subject: O'Reilly Open Source Convention & Perl Conference 4.0

Navigate the Future of Open Source with O'Reilly!

We're getting excited about the O'Reilly Open Source Convention and
Perl Conference 4.0!  It's almost here--July 17 - 20, 2000, in
beautiful Monterey, California.  Here are the details:

Improve your skills, meet the core developers for key Open Source
technologies and socialize with friends and colleagues-evening events
include Double Feature Movie Night, Internet Quiz Show and the Open
Source Caribbean Jam.

The Open Source Convention is built around programs focused on the
following key technologies:

- The Perl Conferece 4.0
- Apache
- Python
- Tcl/TK
- Open Source Business Strategies

This year's Keynotes are Gregory Benford -well known "hard" science
fiction author and physicist, and Andy Hertzfeld-Founder of Eazel, and
software wizard who's ground-breaking designs include ThunderScan,
Switcher and Radius Full Page Display for Macintosh-to name a few.

Take advantage of our Earl Bird Pricing for both the Conference
Sessions and Tutorials -- if you register before June 19th!

For detailed information about the conference and registration go to:
http://conferences.oreilly.com/

Let me know if you'd like brochures!
I'll be working the bookstore - so stop by and say hello  :)

--Denise