[lug] Kernel patch not working correctly

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Mon Jun 5 22:23:03 MDT 2000

How about another small kernel patch problem. I patched my 2.2.15 kernel with
the openwall kernel patch. I enabled the restricted /proc so normal users
could not view the running process, etc (other than their own). I do want,
however, my own normal user to be able to see all the process's. The README
says to put 'gid=*' in the /etc/fstab for the /proc filesystem, where * equals
the users group id. In my case it is 10 since I keep myself in the wheel group
for other reasons. My /etc/fstab looks like the following as well as the id
for my user:

none                    /proc                   proc    gid=10         0 0

uid=500(glowecon) gid=10(wheel) groups=10(wheel)

I still only see my own process's though when I do a 'ps aux'. Anyone have
this patch and similiar scenario that might help out??

Justin