[lug] virtual domains

rm at mamma.varadinet.de rm at mamma.varadinet.de
Wed Jun 7 16:24:04 MDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:11:36PM -0700, hector M Banda wrote:
> Thanks Ralf,
>
> Hey a quick question:
> When I have multiple domains or I just want to add more servers to my main DNS
> server, which file do I need to add those entries?

Well, there's no 'standard' for the nameof configuration files,
but what you need to add is a 'zone files' for each new domain
you have, and those are usually called .name.my.domain.name.
The 'named.ip.number.host' files are used for reverse lookup,
i.e. when a client needs to find the domain name for a given
IP address. Unless you have a whole class A/B/C net of addresses
theres not much use for you.

> named.ip.number.host
> named.my.domain.name
> named.local