[lug] Need High Speed Internet Access in the Middle of No-Where!

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat at nag.cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:11:36 MDT 2000

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Archer Sully wrote:

> Have you looked into DirecPC? <http://www.direcpc.com/consumer/index.html>

	The problem here are two-fold: The first is that it is not two
way, and requires a POTS line for upstream. Not that I have all that much
need for upstream, but I would like more than 33.6k. Other problem is that
they only offer USB or PCI interface cards (Dish feed in, modem feed out),
which I Linux does not support (at least the last time I checked). This is
a very M$ Windows centric service. :(
	Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |