[lug] Re: Need High Speed Internet Access in the Middle of No-Where!

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat at nag.cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:22:15 MDT 2000

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Gary W Holbrook wrote:

> If you can wait til 4Q2000, Dish (EchoStar) is rolling out its' TWO WAY
> satellite service in partnership with Gilat of Isreal.  Dish will not say
> whether 4Q2000 is 10/1 or 12/31 or anywhere in between at this point...

	Sounds cool, but I will believe it when I see it (and the price).

> Is your cable provider in the area doing anything yet?

	Hmm... When one lives in a rural setting, where the nearest house
is at least 100 yards away, if not 1/2 a mile, cable companies don't like
to pay attention to us. The only option we have for cable out here is
Dish, which I already stated in another email, while viable for Internet,
is only so for M$ Window machines. :(

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |