[lug] Need help. trying to figure out how to get virtual domains on RH 6.0

Hector M Banda hector at need-info.com
Fri Jun 9 09:52:25 MDT 2000

Hi all,
The other day I was trying to make my server to accept multiple domains and I
did not have any luck. I wonder if somebody can help me getting this problem
solved giving you some ideas of what I've done.

This is where I'm at:
 a. The server was configured as a regular server just for
 one domain (www.need-info.com).

         b.  I modified the httpd.conf files and looks something like this
  NameVirtualHost 207.233.124.14
  <VirtualHost 207.233.124.14>
  ServerName        www.need-info.com
  DocumentRoot    /home/httpd/html/need-info
  </VirtualHost>

  <VirtualHost 207.233.124.14>
  ServerName        www.lasespeciales.com
  DocumentRoot    /home/httpd/html/lasespeciales
    </VirtualHost>

 c. Changed and created the directories as describe on the httpd.conf
 file.

 The web server for the main domain is working OK (www.need-info.com) but
 when I try to access the second one (www.lasespeciales.com) nothing happens.

 Another thing, my dns's on the web (granite canyon ) are
 pointing to the same    server          ip address (207.233.124.14) but If i
 ping lasespeciales.com, I do not get    anything. Also, I have not done
 anything to any of the  named.**** files        on my server because I do not
 know exaclty what I need to do.

Thanks in adavance for any help I can get,

Hector M Banda
Senior Computer Programmer
Information Systems Department
Imperial Valley College