[lug] Re: Need High Speed Internet Access in the Middle of No-Where!

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat at nag.cs.colorado.edu
Sat Jun 10 18:49:17 MDT 2000

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Lance Jones wrote:

> To the fellow on 95th and Valmont who started this thread: are you not able to
> get ISDN where you are at, or is it just that it's more expensive than you're
> willing to pay?  I'd be surprised if it's the former.  If it's the latter, I
> understand- work pays $130/month for me to get ISDN in the mountains.

	I can get ISDN/IDSL and possibly 192k SDSL, but that is all. And
yes, it is too expensive. They want $100 a month, and I can not really
afford that right now. Especially since this is my parents house, my term
of my stay is rather indeterminate at the moment, and my parents are happy
with their 56k modem. :(
	Now, if I can get fast internet access and cable service combined
(and the internet access supports Linux), then I can get my parents to
jump for it. Netrack appears promising, just will have to wait and see.
TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |