[lug] IDSL

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Fri Jun 9 18:52:56 MDT 2000

Just to throw in my .02, I have been going throught the Phoenixdsl bit
right now.  The rebate period ended May 31, and you have to do it
through their partner whose name escapes me right now (it sure isn't
Rhythms though).  As I was getting ready to move here, I tried to order
SDSL (my distance from the CO said I qualified) and put the order in on
Apr 5.  They dropped the ball a number of times and when I finally
called to find out why everything was taking so long, there was a note
on my account that someone needed to call me and ask if I minded a $30
hike in price for a 62k drop in speed.  No one had called me.  I was
told that my line qualified for IDSL.  My response was, "What about
SDSL, that's what I ordered?"  The guy was clueless.  I called someone
else and finally found out that I had pair gain on my line.  I decided I
didn't want the price increase, the salesman asked if I wanted to try
another partner (it was Northpoint, I remember now), and I reluctantly
agreed.  I am still waiting for Phoenix who is waiting for usworst to
come out and look at the line again (gee, do you think it will be any
different from the last time they looked at for Rhythms?), then I wait
for them to do more stuff.  I am irritated at best and am hoping that it
will go smoother once I am connected (i.e. the price was right and I am
hoping that things will go better).

HTH,

Hugh