[lug] expect, autoexpect...

Andrew Reberry Andrew.Reberry at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 12 18:13:20 MDT 2000

I am writing an expect file to post my current IP address on a webpage so I can telnet to my machine when my IP changes.  I am having 2 small problems though:

1) Whenever I type 'exit' to exit from ftp, telnet or anything else, expect thinks I'm telling it to exit.  Anyone know a way around this?  All works fine until I run the expect script, then when the script gets to the 'exit' point expect stops running completely.    I don't want to kill my ftp connection with a CTRL-Z because that will hang my web host for a few minutes on me, wont it?

2) How can I set my expect file to run every half hour or so?

Thanks

Andrew Reberry