[lug] expect, autoexpect...

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 12 19:53:16 MDT 2000

http://expect.nist.gov

--
PC Drew

Thus spake bill ehlert on Monday, June 12, 2000, 6:52:02 PM:

be> **  for those who have no idea what
be>     an "expect file" is, would you
be>     please post a few clear words about

be>     --  its purpose

be>     --  how it accomplishes the purpose

be>     --  its inner workings

be>                   thanks !

be> --- Andrew Reberry <Andrew.Reberry at colorado.edu>
be> wrote:
>> I am writing an expect file to post my current
>> IP address on a webpage so I can telnet to my
>> machine when my IP changes.  I am having 2
>> small problems though:
>>
>> 1) Whenever I type 'exit' to exit from ftp,
>> telnet or anything else, expect thinks I'm
>> telling it to exit.  Anyone know a way around
>> this?  All works fine until I run the expect
>> script, then when the script gets to the 'exit'
>> point expect stops running completely.    I
>> don't want to kill my ftp connection with a
>> CTRL-Z because that will hang my web host for a
>> few minutes on me, wont it?
>>
>> 2) How can I set my expect file to run every
>> half hour or so?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andrew Reberry

be> Do You Yahoo!?
be> Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
be> http://photos.yahoo.com

be> Web Page:  http://lug.boulder.co.us