[lug] Giveaway + Lilo/LI question

RADKE JOSHUA PAUL radke at ucsu.Colorado.EDU
Wed Jun 14 16:21:37 MDT 2000

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm pretty sure the K6II skeleton is gone ... I was surprised at the
overwhelming response.

> I'm pretty much at a dead end now.  The only 2 things I can think of doing
> would be to repartition the windoze drive and put /boot there, or to swap
> the primary/master ... blah ... blah ...

> Or option 4 - put a copy of the kernel and "loadlin.exe" on the Windows
> partition, and create a multi-boot config.sys file to give you the Linux
> option on startup.

I've also pondered this, and I think it'd be the simplest route to
automating my startup.  Something in my gut just thinks its ... silly ...
to load an operating system just so you can discard it.  (Which is exactly
what I'm doing with my mac G4/yellowdog server at work).  I'd like to
understand the subtleties of LILO someday *grin*.

Josh