[lug] Date Conversion Routine

David Morris boru at frii.com
Mon Jun 19 16:07:33 MDT 2000

I took a look at the Date::Calc module as mentioned below, but unless
I am missing something, it has no routines to convert the day of the
year to a month and day...I also found the gnu shell utilities which
has a date routine that can display day of year given a month and day,
but again it cannot go in the reverse direction as there is no
mechanism for passing a day of year date string into the program.

So...any other suggestions out there?  Alternately, I know there is an
easy algorithm for each direction in the conversion...anyone know what
it is, or know where I can find it?

Thanks,

David