[lug] Netmask problem

Nause jstarkey at hughes.net
Tue Jun 20 14:56:11 MDT 2000

Hi all.

I'm trying to get my box back together after a move and a re-arrangement
of the components. I normally run my iMac through the box (RH 6.1) to the
net. Using:

192.168.0.2	Linux box
192.168.0.3	iMac

I don't remember making any big changes except for installing qmail and an
uninstall of sendmail (per www.qmail.com HOWTO). I can't get the iMac and
Linux to talk. Everything looks good except for the netmask on the linux
server in /sbin/route-- keeps turning 192.168.0.2 into a 255.255.255.255.
I've checked everywhere and can't find something that I read that explains
how to do this (change the class).

Deleting the route and adding it back with 255.255.255.0 doesn't allow me
to do this.

Anyone??

TIA,

John