[lug] Linux Fest 2000 Report, Day 2 (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Fri Jun 23 11:18:45 MDT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Bruce Raup wrote:

> I'm not involved with any Linux development per se, but I do try to keep
> up with what's going on the Linux world generally.  This is the *first*
> time I've heard anyone making any sort of link between Linux and guns.
> And frankly, I find it disturbing.  Perhaps among some core developers
> there is a link.  I don't have a problem with other people's hobby
> choices.

I never said there was a "link" although I suppose one could take that as
being implied.  That however was NOT my intent.

That some of the core Linux developers are gun hobbyists is simply a fact.
As you point out, that is their hobby choice.  That Eric Raymond is
controversial is also a fact.

That this is quickly becoming an off-topic post is also a fact.  Let's get
back to Linux.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)