[lug] StarOffice

metcalf at attglobal.net metcalf at attglobal.net
Sat Jun 24 21:36:48 MDT 2000

StarOffice 5.2 sounds like another product from Bloatware, Inc.  I remember
using WP back in the late 1980's when it took up something like 5MB.  People
complained, so WP came out with LetterPerfect which did almost as much in
1.5 MB, and with a street price of around $35 compared to $259 for WP.  But
people wouldn't buy LetterPerfect because they actually wanted all the extra
features "just in case I might need them sometime".  I didn't read all the
new features in SO 5.2 but perhaps it will also walk your dog for you.