[lug] StarOffice

Mark Horning rip6 at rip6.net
Sun Jun 25 20:22:18 MDT 2000

metcalf at attglobal.net wrote:

> Thanks for letting us know that the MS Word filters have been improved.  So
> the extra megabytes may be worthwhile, rather than bloat.  Perhaps for their
> efforts we'll have to give Sun an orangish-red star.

<snip>

 > > don't concern me, though they may be of great interest to others.
> >
> > They've vastly improved the MS Word filters.
> >
> > --

Staroffice seems to handle M$ Word tables pretty well. I used it
to work on a document from work and it was the only wp that
would do it. Abiword had no clue to the tables, WP8 didn't
handle them well and applix (an older version) couldn't open
the document at all. It would be nice to have their wp cut out
of the package, kinda streamlined, like abiword.

YMMV

--

Mark Horning
rip6 at rip6.net