[lug] Industrial Strength DB (was: StarOffice)

Sean Reifschneider jafo-blug at tummy.com
Tue Jun 27 11:12:41 MDT 2000

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 10:50:12AM -0600, Precision Solutions, Inc. wrote:
>One of the issues we're facing is the 2GB max file size on

Postgres splits data files well below this size, I think will start using
a new file at 1GB.  As I understand it, this limit is only on 32-bit
architectures -- going to an Alpha would make it go away (though I haven't
tested it).

>number of records couldn't be stored.  Which products impose the 100K
>limit you mention?

It's certainly not Postgres.  I have one table with 815,465 records in it
(and 3 indicies).  That database is only around 160MB though...

Sean
--
 You think your Commodore 64 is really neato.
 What kinda chip you got in there, a Dorito?  -- Weird Al