[lug] Databases

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Wed Jun 28 15:08:48 MDT 2000

We have used Sybase SQL Anywhere on Linux. It's less expensive than Oracle,
but has the features that I think make up an industrial strength DB:

Declarative Referential Integrity
True Transaction Log
Stored Procedure Language
Outer Joins
JDBC Support

In addition to these features, perhaps the killer feature of SQLA is the
replication. We have a system set up to replicate sets of data to a data
logger machine, and then the data from the logger gets replicated up to the
server. This is a pretty trivial use of the feature, but it is nice. For
anyone looking for a full featured, but light-weight database SQLA is hard
to beat.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585