[lug] sig 11 errors with Linux

Gary Hodges hodges at srrb.noaa.gov
Wed Jun 28 22:22:47 MDT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, llornkcor wrote:

> My first thought was maybe the voltage was set wrong on the MB.
> Is there a heat sink and fan? Was heatsink goo used? Do cables
> block air passage directly to the CPU? Do you experience sig11's
> when the cover is off? Perhaps the power supply is wiggin'.,

I've double, and triple checked the core voltage.  It is set for this
processor.  There is a heat sink and fan(s), all working fine with good
air flow as far as I can tell, but there is no "goo" between the sink
and processor as others have inquired about.  No sig 11's with the side
and front covers off.  I'll have to look into checking the power supply.

Gary