[lug] sig 11 errors with Linux

Gary Hodges hodges at srrb.noaa.gov
Wed Jun 28 22:29:22 MDT 2000

On 28 Jun 2000, Tkil wrote:

> i've had an AMD k6-3 as my primary CPU (it's slinky.scrye.com) for
> over a year now, and i have never had any flakiness with it.  this
> chip does run noticably warmer than the k6-2 400 that i had in there
> previously, but i have also upgraded to a pretty mighty heatsink, and
> i've had no problems with it at all.

I think I may try and get work to purchase a heatsink and fan from PC
Power and Cooling.  They seem to have a beefy one for this processor if I
recall correctly.  I'll have to get some goo too.

> it's a 250W power supply in an enlight mid atx case, 2 7200 rpm
> drives, scsi adapter, matrox g200 agp 16MB, gus pnp 8MB.  384MB RAM.

We may have the same case.  I thought I had a 300 W supply, but maybe
not.  It's certainly an Enlight mid tower.

> so while it's entirely possible that your k6-3 is flakey, make very
> sure that you have an adequate cooling solution in place (with the
> appropriate amount of heatsink goo, too!)

Show me the goo!

Gary