[lug] sig 11 errors with Linux

Gary Hodges hodges at srrb.noaa.gov
Thu Jun 29 10:43:11 MDT 2000

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, George Sexton wrote:

> If you have the Enlight case, do you have an additional fan mounted in the
> bottom front of the case? By default, they don't come with one there. They
> have a little snap off, white plastic cage for holding them.

I sure do.  I've also verified that I have a 300 W power supply.  The
current plan is to spend ~$20 on a beefy heat sink and high cfm fan from
PC Power and Cooling, use some goo, and see how that works.  There is
also an empty fan location on the back of the case, and I'll probably
install a fan there.

I'm still a little confused about the temps I'm reading in the CMOS.  They
all are well within the range specified by AMD for this processor (with or
without the covers installed).  I also find it odd that the system temp
reads ~20 degrees C higher than the CPU temp.  Anyone know where the
thermistor is typically located for measuring a system temp?

Gary