[lug] Anyone know of resources explaining the contents of the /dev dire ctory?

Brian Jarrett BrianJ at StorageSoft.com
Thu Jun 29 14:06:07 MDT 2000

I am beginning work on a small distribution that will need to access
harddrives and network cards, but little else.  I'm working on the root file
system that I'll need for this project and don't want to copy over all of
the contents of the /dev directory.  The problem is that I don't know if I
need some of the devices listed or not.  Does anyone know of a resource
where all of the devices listed are explained?  I know about hd and sd and
ttyS and a few others, but I can't make out what others are for.

TIA,
Brian