[lug] Oxygen vx1 video card

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Jun 29 22:25:50 MDT 2000

I'm in need of a real OpenGL card, one that survives in both linux and
Windows 2000 (win 2k sucks, but I have an app and porting between o/s's
I have to do). It appears that the Oxygen vx1, for about $180, is highly
respected in terms of stability on windows, as well as nearly
pixel-exact rendering. So for that, it seems to be the choice.

But...it absolutely must run on linux, porting to windows is only
secondary. Right now my GeForce card runs with hardware accel on X 4.0.
I may have to get rid of it though, due to absolute failure on Windows
2000 (all direct rendering brings down the system, aside from one flight
sim sample program, which runs at 390 frames per sec in 24 bit 640x480).

So can anyone tell me anything about how the 3d labs oxygen vx1 runs for
them in linux? Especially with either software *or* hardware OpenGL? And
can you tell me if your OpenGL is available with version 1.2, or just
1.1? And what X server version do you use?

Thanks,
D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com