[lug] Corel and WINE

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Jun 30 12:54:56 MDT 2000

Has anyone tried the Corel PHOTO-PAINT download yet?  I got a beta (with
CorelDraw) for review from them.  The main problem seems to be all WINE
packages have goofy colors for window buttons, frames, menus, etc.  This
package starts up with dark olive drab backgrounds with blue lettering.
Ick.  The documentation (online HTML format) shows examples with
traditional light gray backgrounds and black lettering.  Anyone else have
problems like that?

At least PHOTO-PAINT and CorelDraw actually start up and you can do work
with them.  Denebe's Canvas also uses WINE, but it crashes the X server
(both XF86 and Xi Graphics).
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |       Where there's a will, I want to be in it.