[lug] Corel and WINE

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Jun 30 14:36:16 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Brian Jarrett
> I've downloaded their full version just yesterday.  I didn't notice any
> problems with the UI colors or anything.  I'm running it on a Mandrake 7.0
> distro.

Well, rats.  Why is it that WINE based applications never work right on my
boxes?  I'm running KRUD (March distribution - I haven't installed any the
upgrades since then yet) on two boxes and RH 5.2 on another.  I have
a test box, but no decent video card for it so I can't really run these
tests on that box.

It's weird that it's only WINE apps that do this.  All native X apps work
fine.  Bummer.  Tough to write a review of a product when it has such a
glaring (and annoying) "feature".
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  If quitters never win, and winners never quit,