[lug] Need help with PHP+MYSQL+APACHE

Hector M Banda hector at need-info.com
Tue Jul 4 16:30:02 MDT 2000

Hi all,

I need to setup another server running in LINUX having mysql+php+apache
so I can query the database via PHP. I'd like to know if somebody has
any steps in how this should be done. I'm looking for a guide or web
page to accomplish this. I know there are some steps to followed as far
as getting the tarballs for apache, php, mysql to get them compiled.

I already try the PHP/MYSQL tutorial from hotwired.lycos.com (
webmonkey) and no luck.

My current platform is LINUX-REDHAT 6.0 or 6.2 running on a 450 mhz with

64 Mb of RAM. This server is setup for testing purposes and I'll be
using a modem to connect to the WEB until I get my PHP pages ready.

Thanks,
Hector M Banda
Senior Computer Programmer
Information Systems Department