[lug] Python and Cryptography

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 5 00:52:13 MDT 2000

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 05:08:20PM -0600, PC Drew wrote:
>I looked at both of those...they both link against SSLeay.  The only
>one that I've found is a Two-fish wrapper for python:

The perpetual problem with such ciphers is that you have to have a
secure method of exchanging keys.  That's exactly why public key crypto
was created.  The problem with most public key systems is that
they are VERY slow.  Usually, one uses public key crypto to exchange
keys for a block cipher like blowfish.

Sean
--
 Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves
 on a rainy Sunday afternoon.                -- Heinlein