[lug] irq conflict

Jeff Howell howeljs at segfault.stortek.com
Wed Jul 5 08:57:20 MDT 2000

Arlan Ramsay wrote:

> Right now, I have a conflict between a network card and a scsi controller.
> I used to fix such things by using jumpers (remember?) or DOS installation
> software.  Is there some way to do this using just linux?  I thought maybe
> ifconfig.  How?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arlan Ramsay
> Department of Mathematics
> CB 395
> University of Colorado, Boulder
> Telephone 303-492-7148
> Fax 303-492-7707
> ramsay at euclid.colorado.edu

A bit of information about the cards would be helpfull. But in a general sense,
you may be able to assign IRQ's to the devices in the computer's BIOS setup.
Also many SCSI adapters have a bios where the IRQ can be defined as well. You
may see a message similar to: "Press Ctrl-A for setup" when the card is
initializing on bootup.

Hope this helps!

--
 Jeff Howell