[lug] Linux on notebooks

Jim Ray jimr at linuxmall.com
Fri Jul 7 11:31:28 MDT 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 08:47:46AM -0600, Ken Weinert wrote:
> I might be in the market for a notebook and wondered if one of you kind
> souls might point me in the direction of a resource that would let me
> know which ones are compatible.
>
> Thanks.

Using a Tuxtop http://www.tuxtops.com . They come shipped with RedHat but I have Debian unstable running very nicely on it.  They use the Lucent WinModem but it ships with the module to get it to work.  And you can get them with a Linksys PCMCIA modem/ethernet.

Kind of pricey but they are nice.  Not quite as good as the Sony VAIO's though.

This is the specific model.  https://www.tuxtops.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?type=Premium

--
Jim Ray
Lead System Engineer