[lug] Securing email from M$ Exchange...

Brian Jarrett BrianJ at StorageSoft.com
Tue Jul 11 07:42:07 MDT 2000

My company uses MS Exchange as their email server.  I'm currently running
Outlook to retrieve my mail and have many rules set up in exchange for
routing my mail to different folders.  My problem is this...  I've noticed
that the email stored on the exchange server is available to be read by
anyone that had administrative access and I want to keep a few of these
individuals from reading my mail since there is usually some confidential
material in there.

What I was hoping to do was just encrypt all of the mail that's sitting on
the Exchange server, that way I could keep all of my routing rules up.
Since then I also thought it might be nice to have all of my emails going to
a Linux machine that I would set up and set my own security.  I would still
want the capability of having the emails partitioned off into different
areas.  I can send email out through our Exchange server as long as it's
from our Class C (and it would be.)

Are there any suggestions on what software I should use to retrieve my mail,
sort it, and then send mail out through the Exchange server?  My goal is to
make it look like I don't have any email on the Exchange server and to have
all of my email look like it's originating from there.

Brian