[lug] irq conflict report

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Wed Jul 12 08:51:51 MDT 2000

* D. Stimits (stimits at idcomm.com) [000712 01:53]:
> Arlan Ramsay wrote:
> >
> > I have serious doubts about computers being deterministic.

	 I think we've all had this experience before :)

> Have you tried changing which slot the cards are in? Sometimes the order
> matters, and in a few cases, particular slots cause problems on some hd
> controllers. Reverse their order, and try altogether different slots if
> reversing doesn't work.

	I'll second this one - sometimes if the Plug'n Pray stuff is on
changing the order of the cards will sort out the problem - I solved a
problem at an installfest once by moving a video and network card to a
different order.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 978-336-5652 (F)
PGP: DF 2B 6C 72 33 BE 06 D1  9D C4 ED 32 36 97 C0 6E