[lug] gdb & pthreads

Kevin King kevin at precisonline.com
Tue Jul 18 14:30:16 MDT 2000

I have created and am testing a multithreaded program which seg
faults under load.  I'm trying to trace the fault using gdb, but gdb
stops when the first subordinate thread terminates.  The main thread
continues running (though it is effectively a zombie) and needs to be
killed manually.

This gdb was specifically downloaded from the Caldera site because it
has pthreads support, but if I can't trace into the threads -- or at
least keep the debugger running after the first thread terminates,
it's not of much use.  Does anyone happen to have any advice or ideas
of options or something w/ gdb which will allow me to use it to trace
this fault?  Or perhaps some other tool?  Or is there perhaps a
compiler option to enable extended information on a fault?

Thanks!

--Kevin
kevin at precisonline.com
http://www.precisonline.com