[lug] mail servers

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 19 08:59:24 MDT 2000

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 07:43:00AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
>How is the performance?

Postfix has a similar performance profile to qmail.  The benchmarking I did
about a year ago suggests that postfix may even be faster than QMail at
sending out mail to a ton of recipients (400,000 unique messages).  The
reason we didn't end up using Postfix was that at that time it didn't
implement bounce handling as we expected.

Postfix is pretty cool, it has some very neat features.  I still use
QMail mostly because I'm *VERY* familiar with it.

Sean
--
 Do bad programmers wake up on Christmas morning to find coal in
 their sockets?  -- Sean Reifschneider