[lug] sad hardware announcement :(

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Jul 19 17:31:19 MDT 2000

"Stephen G. Smith" wrote:

> FYI....We have the exact same problem with the Win2k Server and Advanced
> Server....
> The BIOS beta code update DID fix the problem...
> Hope this helps..
>
> SGS

I'm interested to know which motherboard it is. Despite SuperMicro
stating that the board is stable on NT, I've found Win2k workstation to
mysteriously lockup at times also (I never believe anyone when they say
a windows product is stable...usually they mean relative to something).
If this is one of the SuperMicro i840 chipset boards, can you tell me
which bios version you now have that is stable?

Thanks!
D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com