[lug] free internet access

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Jul 19 21:45:46 MDT 2000

I've been using freewwweb.com to get free internet access (it was not linux
unfriendly, i.e. I didn't have to download some cursed windows client to
connect).  They recently turned their affairs over to Juno.  Does anyone
know of another free service that is linux capable (regardless of whether
the service knows it or not)?

I am being a cheapskate because I am waiting for phoenixdsl to get their
acts together (DO NOT use them if you want dsl anytime in the near future
or even the distant future).  I keep hoping.

Anyway, suggestions on good inexpensive ISP's that don't require more than a month to
month contract are welcome as well (I'm in Longmont).

Thanks
Hugh