[lug] Authentication with Samba

Aaron Root atree at dragonrealm.net
Wed Jul 19 22:43:57 MDT 2000

I have a SuSE 6.3 machine as a samba server that I'm trying to get my
wife's windows machine to log into.  I have the .bat file with the net
use h: \\server\user and it does run when she logs in but it doesn't map
the drive.  It gives an "Error 67: The specified shared directory cannot
be found.  Make sure you have specified the network name correcty....."
yet when I type the same exact net use line in at a dos prompt, it maps
the drive just fine.  Is this a problem anyone has run into before?  Is
this even a linux issue?  If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

--
Aaron T. Root, CCNA
http://www.dragonrealm.net