[lug] Authentication with Samba

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Thu Jul 20 02:22:22 MDT 2000

I have some entries in my smb.conf that allow me to do a couple of things
(I must add that I am using windows 95 and that I have it set to do a MS
Network Login automatically with Powertools to my wife's account).

The homes entry creates a share named /home/wife/samba that is a share that
only my wife can get to.  The images directory allows either me or my wife
access to a share on my linux box.

Once I have set those shares up, in windows I go to network neighborhood
and find the shares, right click on them and choose the map network drive
and check the box that says reconnect at login.

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        path = %H/samba
        username = %S