[lug] Most widely used Linux distributions?

Brian Jarrett BrianJ at StorageSoft.com
Wed Jul 26 11:30:31 MDT 2000

Hello All,

My company is needing to test some of its software for Linux support.  Right
now the developers have been working with Red Hat because it's common and
with Corel Linux because we have had specific needs for it.  I want to focus
the test lab on the other common distributions used.  Do you know of any
surveys that have been done to see which distributions are used the most
worldwide?

I'm thinking that the top ones would be (in no particular order):

Red Hat
Debian
Slackware
Caldera