[lug] reference/tutorial for connecting to port 23

matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Wed Jul 26 11:57:22 MDT 2000

Does anyone know where I might find an explanation of how to automatically
pass the output of a distinct process to (and through) a connection such as
telnet?  I've always expected telnet to be tied to the keyboard that
initiated the connection, but now need to pass characters generated by
another process through without user intervention, if possible.  I've been
reading an IRIX Network Programming Guide but the discussion is not what I
can use.  I've also grepped through all the Linux HOWTO's, but haven't found
anything quite on topic.