[lug] One last question (routing and MASQ)

John Starkey jstarkey at ajstarkey.com
Mon Jul 31 21:24:05 MDT 2000

Thanks everyone for the helps :} with my SMTP and cable modem problems. I
am using broadband on the linux box now.

I have one last (if there's ever a last) problem. If someone might have
the time.

If I'm able to ping from iMac thru eth0 to eth1 but can't go any further-
then /sbin/route is ok, as well as MASQ. So would this mean it's stopping
at the firewall? Or is there something else that could cause problems. I
am able to ping to and thru but not outta linux using Solaris, iMac, and
Windoze. But only the linux box will make it out of it's eth0 (broadband).

TIA,

John