[lug] Linksys NC100 and Linux

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Tue Aug 1 10:22:08 MDT 2000

I wish I had written down the version of the driver.
As I recall, I picked up the driver source in early April.
I don't think it had been modified since last summer.

The version of driver supplied with the NC100 cards just
did not work at all under Linux. The module would load,
but the card was dead. No activity at the LEDs at all. This
was also true for the tulip module on the stock RedHat
distribution ( v6.0 and v6.2). I believe that tulip.c got
changed within a couple months after v6.2 hit the streets.

If you could, would you Email me a copy of tulip.c? I have
v6.2 running on a machine here, so it would be easy to do
a comparison to see if it's the latest version.

Regards,
Doug Bonnell