[lug] Firewall != Linux, Was -> Broadband

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Aug 1 17:27:38 MDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:06:46PM -0600, Chris M wrote:
>Add up the costs.  First, ask yourself, how much is a decent Linux machine
>going to cost for the hardware, how long will it take me to set up at what
>hourly $$, etc.

Ok, I'll bite...  Good hardware can be gotten for around $800, and
it takes around 4 hours at $150/hour to install, document, and configure
at a remote site.  What options do you recommend for $1600 or less
(including onsite installation, remember).  Firewalls that have user
limits need not apply...

Sean
--
 Some girl with psychic power, She said "T-bone, what's your sign?"
 I blinked and answered "Neon", I thought I'd blow her mind.