[lug] SQL and JAVA on Linux

D. Duke Smith duke at firstworld.net
Wed Aug 2 02:33:05 MDT 2000

John -

Well, now, I don't know much about Java/SQL, except maybe
that's what JDBC is, *BUT* Solaris 8 interests me & maybe
we need to create a splinter UG on that topic! I've
installed that on various boxes with varying results, from
your basic 9-attempt flakey install to pretty smooth ones
to total lockups (lately on a brand-new vanilla-Intel
CPU & Mommy Bored with every card specifically on their
HWCompat list, which was to be my Oracle server for a web
site, which hung instead) Anyone else out there have any
experience with this?

In fact, re: a Solaris listserver, once I can get my system
fenced off & talking safely to the great outdoors, I would
be interested in hosting such a listserver. Wonder what the
need for such a thing is or if there already is one locally?

- duke