[lug] NIC fact/fiction

D. Duke Smith duke at firstworld.net
Fri Aug 4 09:33:37 MDT 2000

As for the extended time thing, it doesn't sound plausible.
The general rule about anything carrying current is that
it's healthier to stop the current before dis/connecting
anything. However, my experience has been that the lighter
the electron load, the less risk. I've been live un/plugging
ethers & ||'s pretty regularly for years without frying
anything except my own brain. Can't imagine why leaving a
card unconnected longtemps would kill it. Loneliness?