[lug] An idea...

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Mon Aug 7 08:10:28 MDT 2000

FYI,
TurboLinux has a firewall install on their distribution.  It installs a minimal amount of software with absolutely NO unnecessary software.  As far as I know it even installs a specially compiled kernel with IP chains but just about nothing else in it.
Very handy and time saving - check it out.  This still doesn't solve your computer question - but it eliminates many of the traditional firewalling issues with RedHat and other distributions that only cater to the workstation and server market.  No offense against your favorite distributions intended!

Ferdinand