[lug] Postscript question

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Mon Aug 7 11:01:15 MDT 2000

"Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> writes:

> Thus spoke JEFF PFOHL
> > I admit I've never tried to make a business card with LaTex or
> > Tex. However I believe I can answer your question. I'm going to put
> > this into LaTex language and not hacking the straight postscript for
> > now.
>
> The original question was for Postscript, so I thought I'd mention that I
> converted my Gimp-generated raster image for my business cards into a
> Postscript program to produce just about the same results.  I didn't,
> however, include a raster image into the postscript program as Chris had
> asked about.  Debugging was easy - just load the program into ghostview.

Ah! If the process of generating the postscript from the raster image
is the same as using Gimp's export filter to save the image in
postscript form, that's exactly what I'm trying to work with.

The postscript I wrote by hand simply defines a card, draws several
copies of it in the appropriate places on the page, then shifts the
whole thing to match my printer's margin.

I'm trying to include (or refer to a file of) the Gimp's postscript
output in the postscript I wrote by hand that defines the card.

> Chris, if you want the postscript version of my business cards as an
> example you're welcome to it.  Let me know

I suspect that would show me just what I need.

--
Chris Riddoch
socket at peakpeak.com