[lug] ethernet fax software

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 7 16:35:59 MDT 2000

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 04:27:42PM -0600, matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com wrote:
>Does such a thing exist as fax software that will work through a NIC?  I
>found efax, but that is apparently for use through a modem only.

Yes, it's called "e-mail".  ;-)

Alternatively you can sign up for "jfax" (jfax.net) where you get a phone
number that people can fax to which results in an e-mail being sent to
you with the contents of the fax.  Surely you aren't asking if somone
can use a telephone to call your IP address and expect a fax to answer?

Sean
--
 Blaming the software quality on the tool is like saying "I can't pick up
 chicks because my car isn't cool enough."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998