[lug] Re: ethernet fax software

matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Mon Aug 7 16:58:25 MDT 2000

Thanks.

No, I wouldn't expect someone to be able "to call your IP address and expect
a fax to answer," but you should be able to receive faxes through your
network card anyway.  There just needs to be some service that takes the
call, saves the data to a file, and then arranges to send you the file when
you're ready.  I've heard of this being done through e-mail, but an
alternative would be through ftp.  Perhaps there are other ways to do it as
well.