[lug] Firewalls again

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Aug 8 08:42:45 MDT 2000

You know I read the Cuckoo's Egg shortly after it came out. I will give away
the lesson.

Any system, if improperly configured or incompetently administered is
insecure.

No computing system is inherently "secure" unless it's turned off. I once
cracked a customer's server by running sscan which guessed that the password
for the Administrator account might be "admin".

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
http://www.mhsoftware.com