[lug] OT: solaris admin book

Walter Pienciak walter at frii.com
Wed Aug 9 20:06:22 MDT 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Andrew Diederich wrote:

> I'm looking for a book on Solaris specific admin stuff.  I have the regular
> O'Reilly types (Essential System Administration, TCP/IP Network
> Administration) but there are quirks in Solaris I haven't grokked yet.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> --
> Andrew
> andrew at netdelivery.com

Hi,

I have a couple, and the one I actually use is "Solaris 2.x for Managers
and Administrators", Onword Press, by Curtis Freeland and others.

It's maybe not an encouraging title, but I tend to buy these things
when I'm trying to solve a specific problem -- and the book had what
I was looking for, and a good index too.  Go to the bookstore and
browse.

Walter